Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

[edit]: Any news on AC26 Apple ARM Q4 release date?

Studio_Pi
Contributor

Hi, Is there a date published for the Q4 update by now or at least an assessment?

thank you. @GRAPHISOFT 

Joash Halevi, Licensed Architect | Studio Pi
Mac studio MAX, 64 ram, 32 gpu.
Archicad 26.0 | Mac Os Ventura 13.0
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein

To clarify, before I move your question to where it belongs... what Q4 update are you talking about?

The only announced update for Q4 is the release version of the Apple ARM native version of AC 26.  If that's what you mean, I'll move your question to that thread...

For what its worth - Graphisoft rarely announces actual dates.  Given that Q4 runs through 12/31/22, I would not be surprised if the release comes just before the holiday break, but earlier would certainly make a lot of folks happy. 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Mr. Ottenstein,

thank you for replying so quickly.

Yes of course I was referring to the ARM architecture, as an Apple Silicon user, I'm very impatient to experience Archicad using the abilities of the most advanced hardware nowadays, which is Mac Studio max / ultra.

Looking forward to read Graphisoft reference to the matter.

Best Regards.

Joash Halevi, Architect. 

I’m not sure why you say “of course”…how would anyone know what you were asking about if you aren’t specific? 😊 have you at least downloaded the second preview version?  Do note that to install the second ARM preview, you must first uninstall the first ARM preview.

I edited the subject of your post to reflect your actual question.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Why aren't you sure of me saying of course - you wrote it yourself:

"The only announced update for Q4 is the release version of the Apple ARM native version of AC 26.  If that's what you mean, I'll move your question to that thread..."

so why would I want to know anything else? basic logic.

second, 

I'd appreciate it if you can refer me or others interested in that matter to a guide regarding installing ARM preview for Archicad.

Have a nice evening.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-26-for-Apple-Silicon-Tech-Preview-l...

thank you!

So, after installing successfully the version you linked, Is it possible to use the AC26 goodies suite and the LPM add-on with the preview version?

Thank you.

ESK
Booster

Limitations to the 'Tech Preview' version seems to lack compability with the goodies package, Twinmotion Datasmith plugin, and designLCA plugin. Have anybody been able to install these crucial features? 

Windows 11, Intel Xeon W-2125 CPU @ 4.00GHz (4 cores 8 threads), NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000, 64 GB RAM 2666MHz, 1 TB SSD.
Archicad 17-27