BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

facades / sections from cut-aways

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all!
I've created 3D cut-aways which I want to import as sections into my drawing. I wish to use them as presentational views, but the scale is not 1/50 as the plan. What have I misunderstood?
ie. how do I get 'rendered' sections or facades (which show the tiles etc) instead of the 'ordinary' line drawing types?
many thanks in anticipation
jonathan
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonathan ,
I think you need to have the 3D window set to
parallel projection and side view.
You have to use the flat marque to copy the contents of the
3D window and when the dialogue comes up after using the copy command
you have to make sure "scaled drawing" is selected.
What is pasted into any 2D window are lines and fills
which can be edited.
I am unsure what you mean by "rendered" in this context.
HTH,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Peter,
I don't get the 'dialog box' after selecting with the marque and going to edit- copy?!
However, my views are shown as having a scale 1/50 in the navigator palette- view sets when I save them there. Or is this just a reference to the project file generally?
thanks
jonathan
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't get the 'dialog box' after selecting with the marque and going to edit- copy?!
Try setting your 3d window to use the internal engine versus open GL. You can't copy scaled drawings using open GL.
Djordje
Ace
bell63 wrote:
ie. how do I get 'rendered' sections or facades (which show the tiles etc) instead of the 'ordinary' line drawing types?
If the fills are all you want, switch the 3D hatching on in Model Effects for your elevations. The materials applied have to have proper 3D hatching assigned.

If you want to see colors, you have to copy the 3D views geberated by the internal anaytic engine. Warning: the colors will be off!

If you copy from the OpenGL 3D window, you get a bitmap; scaling it properly so it matches the line drawing is work unto itself ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!