Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

file in a loop

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that my file is in some sort of a loop and I can't open it. What can I do to retrieve the information?

thanks,

Lori
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your problem may be system related or could be a corrupted file.If you have selected your automatic backup options under the options menu then try opening the ".bpn" version of your drawing file. You can set up an automatic backup in Archcad for your drawings while working on them.The backup routine can run at a variable time interval set by you. Depending on the back up time interval set you may not retrive the last few changes but will be able to carry on from that point.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lori,

Pls give us some information about;
a) your computer setup (inc. graphic card, etc.)
b) your AC setup (version etc.)
c) your file - is it large or small? started in AC5 or 8?
d) what you were doing prior to it 'locking' ... S/E elevation? 3d view?

... it _might_ help the problem be understood/identified and _may_ prevent it happening to you again.

As michael commented, the simple answer is to pull the mains cord out (or whatever) and use the backup file (rename from .bpn to .pln) ...

HTH - Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I tried to open the backup, and it also won't open. Do you have any other suggestions?

Also, sometimes when I open a file it will say that it is already checked out. How can I check a file back in? I am not networked to any computer.

Thanks,

Lori
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I was doing when this happened was trying to save a 2d symbol. I had created the 2d symbol from an existing symbol. I simply added some text to it and tried to write over the existing symbol. Now I know that I can't do that. Also, does anyone know the phone number for Archicad support? I can't find one.

I would really like to retrieve my file. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Lori
Djordje
Ace
archanom wrote:
What I was doing when this happened was trying to save a 2d symbol. I had created the 2d symbol from an existing symbol. I simply added some text to it and tried to write over the existing symbol. Now I know that I can't do that. Also, does anyone know the phone number for Archicad support? I can't find one.
Now we all know how a vet feels ... his patients cannot speak.

Lori, PLEASE provide all the relevant data:

1. ArchiCAD version
2. Platform (Mac, PC?)
3. Where is the file created (which version)
4. What kind of file (PLN, PLP, object ...?)
5. What EXACTLY happens and WHEN
6. Provide the screnshot of the error message if any
7. ...

Let the doctor know how you feel, otherwise how is he to know what bothers you?

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen