Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

finding "in use" triggers for xref layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I'm looking for where else to look for ways my file may be engaging some xref layers that claim to be in use... I can delete them, I just don't know the consequences since I don't know what in this super race car of BIM is engaging that layer to create that check box in the Attribute Manager.

There are no entities in any plan views, no worksheets, etc... there are no longer any tools set to that layer... the find and select dialogue doesn't allow me to select and search on that layer... SOOOOOoooo... anyone?

thanks,
cari
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still wondering... 😄
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Is the XREF removed as well?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have a question: are those XREF layers still listed at the end of the layer list in the Layer Settings Dialog? OR are they listed as part of the layer list like they are normal layers?

Also, could that XREF layer be contained in the definition of any Favorites?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
So sorry for the delay!! I didn't get any notification... have to figure out how to use this forum, too, lol...

Ok, to aswer the ??s... yes, the xref was removed, and no it was never bound so the layers at the bottom were still separated... can only delete them from the attribute manager.

I was never able to figure out what was triggering the in-use check in the attribute manager... i courageously deleted them anyway and never missed anything, though I feel this is generally a bad idea!

Thanks!