Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

foundation stemwall intersections

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm modeling a small slab-stemwall-footing intersection in section. AC shows lines between the three elements. I don't mind the line between the footing and stemwall, since that would be poured separately, but it would be nice if the line between the stemwall and the slab weren't there, as it will likely be poured in one go (see attached image). Could someone please tell me what I need to change in the element settings to make the stemwall and slab be drawn as one piece in section? I think this must be possible, because I modeled a thickened slab edge last week and it showed it all as one solid piece in section.

Thanks.

foundation.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you assign the same cut fills and pens to both the slab and stem wall they will "clean up" removing the line between them.
You can model that stemwall and slab as one monolithic part.
Time to learn about custom profiles. Would you like some help with that?

C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 14\Help\Files\wwhelp\wwhimpl\js\html\wwhelp.htm

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
AHA! Thanks guys, i knew it must be something silly like that. I accidentally set the stemwall as a different type of concrete fill, so of course it couldn't blend the two. Thanks for the heads up on modeling the footing and stemwall as one thing, too. I am going to look into that.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!