Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

hotlinked modules or separate pln files

ahmad525
Booster

hey all,

so im trying to setup a new master plns for the place im working at. the masters are for different design for dwellings with different facade option for each.

im trying to find the easiest way to do in regards to the facade options. i have ways in doing that and i would like to hear your input on which would be the easier, better and less time consuming for the person who will be applying the changes. 

1: different pln files for each design with different facade (around 5-6 facades so around ill end up with around 40-50 plns)

2: 1 master for each design with 5-6 modules to choose from (but then dimensions and notes will need to be adjusted to suit)

3: renovation options for each facade. 

would appreciate any sort of input 🙂 

thank you 

im using AC 25. 

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Option 1, is the less fuss, more upkeep option.

A change to the main part of one plan will possible mean you need to update the 5 or 6 other facade options as well.

Option 2, I can imagine there will be issues as you mention.

Option 3, I have used and it works well.

You 'pin' each option to a separate renovation filter so it only shows when that filter is active.

You will have to split dimensions and maybe duplicate some overall dimensions, but they can be pinned to the reno filters as well.

You can only ever see one option at a time and you have to remember it is all controlled by the reno filters.

I also use Graphic Overrides to change the colours for specific reno filters, so I can easily see what is the main plan and what is the reno filter  (design) option, while I am working on the plan.

Of course the GO is turned off for final output.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ahmad525
Booster

Thank you Barry,

yeah as i imagined option 3 might be the best but it will require more time spent another issue might appear is when changing walls materials . (eg. from brick to AAC or to lightweight it might pop some issues) but i believe if its set up properly it might be the best option. 

hey Barry,

so i took your advice and started with the renovations system. now the main issue that i have is the scheme settings and schedules. i cant seem to get the tables to show different elements on different renovations status. even though i putting criteria as renovation status but its still not showing. 

any advice ? please see attached. im after a zone called building footprint. as soon as i put this zone on no filters renovation it shows. 

ahmad525_0-1682984659503.png

ahmad525_1-1682984669655.png

ahmad525_2-1682984788472.png

I am not 100% sure if this will help but try changing one of the criteria options to 'AND'.

You are looking for a zone in a particular layer AND with a particular renovation status.

BarryKelly_0-1682988748522.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

yeah that didn't work as well. i think im missing something. ill keep trying different stuff to see if it works. 

if it works ill let you know for future preference ! 

thanks though