BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

how do i add a column in window schedule for composite view of window and separate transom?

heathldesign
Expert
I have to use two separate window objects to create a window w/ transom, but for clarity for the window supplier in the schedule i'd like to show both windows in situ as one unit in the 2D view, because they share the same R.O. and they will actually be mulled together at the factory as one unit, not two separate windows. showing them as two separate windows will only be confusing. so is there a way to add another column and then somehow add a view of the windows in elevation or something?
Heath
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
You can't create your own 2D view (I assume you mean elevation) of two separate windows combined as one.
What you can do however, is to open an elevation that shows the windows, select the transom window and 'COPY' it.
Now go to the schedule where you have the elevation view of the main window.
'ANNOTATE' that cell and 'PASTE' the transom window in - move it to the correct position.

You will need to hide the transom window from the schedule by giving it an ID of "ignore" and then filtering the schedule criteria so it selects all windows does 'NOT" have an ID = 'ignore'.
Or you can just use your proper ID if the ID is important to maintain.
Basically you just have to trick the schedule not to schedule the transom window (unless you want it to do that separately as well).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
You can't create your own 2D view (I assume you mean elevation) of two separate windows combined as one.
What you can do however, is to open an elevation that shows the windows, select the transom window and 'COPY' it.
Now go to the schedule where you have the elevation view of the main window.
'ANNOTATE' that cell and 'PASTE' the transom window in - move it to the correct position.

You will need to hide the transom window from the schedule by giving it an ID of "ignore" and then filtering the schedule criteria so it selects all windows does 'NOT" have an ID = 'ignore'.
Or you can just use your proper ID if the ID is important to maintain.
Basically you just have to trick the schedule not to schedule the transom window (unless you want it to do that separately as well).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
heathldesign
Expert
Awesome, thanks Barry. works a treat.
Heath
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
Learn and get certified!