BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how i can precisely make the line a clear dimesnion ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the wall that i want its length to be 3.70 meter but when i click element information i saw it 3.7028 is there any other method to be 3.70 m without typing the number and without using the snap grid because snap do not show guidelines and guidelines characterized by its ortho the line in 90 degree automatically and thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want accuracy always type the number.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i thought if i strict the dimension into 2 decimals only it will be 3.70 while see dimension tracker show only 2 decimals and show 3.70
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, only by turning Snap on will dimensions in tracker / co-ordinates be accurate without typing them in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I understand it since the screen feedback can only resolve to single pixels and the pixels don't align with the model in any consistent way, the coordinates palette and tracker feedback are always approximations except when snapping to points or grid or when entering numerically.

This is extremely important because a model that is nearly correct but slightly off in all sorts of random ways causes all sorts of problems and is very difficult to fix.
Learn and get certified!