Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to Manage data when working on mutiply project

Anonymous
Not applicable
the problem i am faced with is that. i am working with a developer on a massive building with several smaller project within. the issue i am faced with is that if i keep one single archicad drawing file for all of these projects it slow down my renderings even when i use the marquee tool on only on the sectionwork on

my first idea was to have individual archicad drawing file for each project but that didn't work because, if i make global change to the building i have to do it for each archicad drawing file.(Takes to much time)

Any tips would be helpful
6 REPLIES 6
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
You might want to try making a duplicate file of the whole building and then doing each smaller project in the second file which you will then save out as a module placed into the 1st Main Building File. I would erase all interior model information out of the Main file that you will be placing in as modules.

You can then have modules on different layers which can be turned on or off as desired. I have done this for Electrical layouts for Villa types and it works very well.

Hope this helps.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
agayle wrote:
the issue i am faced with is that if i keep one single archicad drawing file for all of these projects it slow down my renderings even when i use the marquee tool on only on the sectionwork on
Are you sure you're using the Single Floor (thin) marquee? AFAIK the rendering engine won't calculate any polygons apart from the polygons selected or inside the marquee.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
wont work, what if i need to make a global change i have to do it for all the diffrent archicad file. too much time
You can have a set of layers for each tenant. (You can use layer extensions for this.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am currently using the layer extension to separate the tenants, the only drawback to this techique is that you end with a tons of layers.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I have never tried this but i wonder if you used a teamwork file and selected in the sign option to show only your workspace.Whether areas out side your signin would 3d generate i dont know

Use the marquee to as signin method.

By using teamwork option you can have benefit of one file many signins (read tenants)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]