Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to draw Roof with different RL's

ngoldie
Participant
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to draw a roof with different RL's at each end of the house. Would mesh to roof be the best way? And if so where can I find the add-on for Archicad 20?

Thanks
Naomi
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What is an RL?
Could you post an image or screenshot of what you are trying to achieve?
The more detailed your question is the more probably someone will be able to help you.

The Mesh-To-Roof Add-On is a Goodie.
In AC20, click the Help\ARCHICAD Downloads menu command, which will take you to the download site in your browser.
Click Add-Ons, then "Download Goodies for ARCHICAD", then your localized versions (such as INT) and then you will find the installer for both Windows and Mac. It will install all Goodies, of which the Mesh-To-Roof Add-On is one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
If you mean you want one end of the pivot line higher than the other (which isn't really possible) then you will need to look at modelling the single roof plane in the 3D window.
You choose the 3 points you want the roof plane to pass through and then define the overall shape of the roof - either a rectangle or irregular polygon.
Then adjust the shape of the roof in plan (or 3D) if necessary.
The pivot line will be placed to the true slope of the roof which probably won't match any of your walls.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ngoldie
Participant
That's ok, it turns out I was to take the average of the RL's (reduced Levels), and it was as you were saying the different ends of the pivot line had to be at the same level.

Thanks!
Naomi
Archicad 20
MacBook Pro - laptop