Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to make this kind of ROOF??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!!

I'm building a building in ArchiCAD and I want to make a roof with a slight slope to one side... like in my "beautiful" picture here (just so you'd understand) 😉

How to make such roof???

roof.png
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
A monopitch roof with a constant height soffit? Try a mesh.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Or create a Slab plus a Roof the bottom of which will define the sloping surface of the Flat Roof.

Then with Solid Element Operation subtract the Roof from the Slab.
The advantage of this is over the Mesh may be that the Slab can be a composite structure.
Then place the Roof on a hidden layer as it is only needed for the cut but need not be visible.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
well, one could also use the roof tool, but I can't remember how...
for example I know how to draw that kind of roof on the first pic (I found a tutorial on youtube), but could someone please explain to me how to step by step make a roof like on the 2:nd picture??
roofs.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If the right Roof is a single Roof plane then activate the Roof Tool, just draw a line which will define the pivot line of the Roof, click one more to define which way the Roof will Slope upward, then draw a rectangle (still with the Roof Tool). Pretty simple and straightforward.

I also suggest that you do the free Interactive Training Guides so many of your such questions will be answered by them:

http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
fnderimo
Contributor
Do as laszlo suggested and after drawing the roof, make the walls a little bit high to cut the roof and use roof trim tool to chop the upper parts of the walls to get a clean picture no.2 of yours.
"The Power of Brain is Infinity"

Leka
PRECISION7740WORKSTATION,Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM 128GB
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
Check youtube
search for user ArchiBIM and go to the video custom profile and use that technique to do whatever shape you can imagine.
It is in swedish...
There's also a video on simple flat roof plane on the same channel.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.