Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

importing favourites?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i've somehow deleted my detail view folder, i've tried to replace it by creating a new folder, but new views are not placed i it. they end up at the bottom of the view list. can i get it back? also, i want to create a template but if i can't get this detail folder sorted out, i'll need to move my favourites to a new project. how do i do this?
wb
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
You can save and load Favorites - see the menu in the (top right, as I recall) Favorites palette.

Link and others have given tips about using this feature, not just for moving Favorites from one project to another, but also for creating unique sets of Favorites for different kinds of construction/projects.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
that is fantastic, thanks.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
wildernessbob wrote:
i've somehow deleted my detail view folder, i've tried to replace it by creating a new folder, but new views are not placed i it. they end up at the bottom of the view list. can i get it back?
If you are referring to the Project Map, the Details (and other folders) cannot be deleted, so I am guessing that you are referring to the View Map. You can create a new folder, but you will need (usually using the Organizer) to pull Views from the Project Map to this folder in the View Map. If you set up a template with this already done, then you will not need to do it again for each project.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14