Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

in ELEV, glass see-thru

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC10 - I've been working on this project/model for 18 months. All of a sudden one of the elevations has decided not to represent the vectorial hatching materials correctly in very sporadic locations. In addition, the glass is now, out of nowhere, see thru and in elevation I am seeing through the project to what lies beyond the glass (walls, other windows, furniture, etc). Very frustrating.

I have drawn a new section line and essentially started over by recreating the old one. Exact same problem. But on other faces of the project this is not happening at all. I'm really scared someone is going to tell me my project, after 18 months, is somehow corrupt.

Will be switching to AC12, perhaps this change will fix the prob? Won't happen soon enough though. I need this drawing this week. (of course, right?)

RE: the glass, this is not specific to this one elevation.
RE: vectorial hatching of materials, it is not specific to any one type of material
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check that you don't have your Transparency in Shading turned on in the 3D Window settings.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dwyss wrote:
AC10 - I've been working on this project/model for 18 months. All of a sudden one of the elevations has decided not to represent the vectorial hatching materials correctly in very sporadic locations. In addition, the glass is now, out of nowhere, see thru and in elevation I am seeing through the project to what lies beyond the glass (walls, other windows, furniture, etc). Very frustrating.

I have drawn a new section line and essentially started over by recreating the old one. Exact same problem. But on other faces of the project this is not happening at all. I'm really scared someone is going to tell me my project, after 18 months, is somehow corrupt.

Will be switching to AC12, perhaps this change will fix the prob? Won't happen soon enough though. I need this drawing this week. (of course, right?)

RE: the glass, this is not specific to this one elevation.
RE: vectorial hatching of materials, it is not specific to any one type of material
You can try creating a brand new Elevation at the exact same place and if it works then you can copy-paste all 2D elements you added to his new Elevation and delete the old one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27