Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

intersection surfaces lines in 3d view

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all, this is my first post.
I had a question about intersection surfaces lines in 3d view. When i intersect 2 or more elements, lines not always appears- As you can see in picture attached when intersection is between wall and wall lines appear, when is between wall and slab too, but when elements are roof and slab, roof and wall and slab and slab lines not appears.
How can i solve this problem?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
What you are seeing is probably due to how they intersect. Not every object type will intersect, those that can may not intersect due to their layers Intersection Group and those that do will intersect depending on their Building Material. If they do not intersect, there will be no edge.

Given those requisites, by default, walls join to walls and walls clip to slabs while roofs do neither. Which is annoying as you may sometimes want to use a single plane roof as a sloped slab, and hence have the manually intersect it...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ling, thanks for your answer.
I solved with 'solid element operations' command in connect menu, on 3d windows, but i have to select intersected element one by one and repeat operation for each couple of elements.
Maybe there is an option to change default settings/project preferences.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Study this page of the ARCHICAD Reference Guide, it talks about these basic intersection principles:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88746/#XREF_12462_Basic_Junction

If you want to intersect Walls to Roof or Slab to Roofs, I would recommend using the Connect > Merge Elements command, which will create a skin-level connection. SEO creates element-level connections, so the whole body of one element is cut from the body of the other element, which with skin-level connection the Building Material's Intersection Priority Number determines what cuts what.
To intersect Slab to Slab, your only option is the SEO Subtraction.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27