Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

is there a way to rotate the entire plan view for convenienc

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought there was a way to rotate the entire model / paper space for
convenience - I'm working on a large home with quite a few different angles and it would make it easier to work on certain spaces if I could rotate / orient the plan view appropriately.
I know about rotating the reference view - I need to be able to rotate the actual plan view that I am working on temporarily for convenience with out messing everything up: stories, unseen layers, etc.

Is this possible?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Jonathan wrote:
Is this possible?
Yes... button on the bottom of the plan window shown here. The rotation angle can be saved with a view.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl,

I thought it was somewhere just never used it before.

Karl wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Is this possible?
Yes... button on the bottom of the plan window shown here. The rotation angle can be saved with a view.
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome. I actually just used it myself in 16 for the first time a month ago...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's very nice to be able to work with the area your working on oriented properly!! I can't believe I have been using this software for as long as I have with out using this feature. It's rediculous.

Karl wrote:
You're welcome. I actually just used it myself in 16 for the first time a month ago...