Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

legacy issue: 7.0 buildings in an 8.1 project?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have an ongoing project the was first started in v6.5. The first phase buildings were developed in 7.0. Now I'm working on the project in 8.1. I opened the 7.0 part of the project in 8.1 and have been working on it for a month. It seemed that all seemed well as long as I had the old 7.0 libraries loaded.

Now I've updated to the latest version (build 2275) of ArchiCAD and the latest version of Door and Window Builder. Now, all is not well. I get error messages whenever I generate a section or 3D view if the old 7.0 elements are on an active layer.

Our local ArchICAD rep has recommended that we open 7.0 projects with 7.0 because of some incompatibility issues with v8.0 and later. In this case I would like to/need to include 7.0 elements in a 8.1 project. Is there a way to cleanse 7.0 elements for use in the current version of ArchiCAD?

Thank you,
John
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think this is what Special> Update Library Parts is for, but am not 100%, as I have never used it myself.

Of course you'll need to have your Special Menu loaded first.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,
This sounds like it would be worth knowing about. Would you tell me how to load the Special Menu?
Thank you,
John
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well this is what a quick search will find you:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=8632&highlight=load+special+menu#8632

Hmmmmm.........

Cheers,
Link.
Aussie John
Newcomer
here is a tip on a related issue (loosing hotlinked files)

I tried to help a someone to upgrade a version 7 file to version 8. He said the hotlinked files werent visible.
I couldnt work out why some files opened with a Hotlinked viewset and other didnt,
I then realised that files that had a hot links to a remote server ( while I was disconnected), didnt have a hotlink viewset in the Publisher
In this guy's case the file had been moved from another computer where their plot files had been saved locally, hence no hotlinked viewset was available in the upgraded file.

The workaround is,
1)Duplicate the file to your computer Open it in version 7 and set the hotlinked files to save to a folder on your computer (or server). Save and close.
2)Then open in version 8 and you should see the hotlinked viewsets in Publisher.
3)Select the view set and publish to update.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
here is a tip on a related issue (loosing hotlinked files)

The workaround is,
1)Duplicate the file to your computer Open it in version 7 and set the hotlinked files to save to a folder on your computer (or server). Save and close.
2)Then open in version 8 and you should see the hotlinked viewsets in Publisher.
3)Select the view set and publish to update.
John,
I think that you might be on to the problem. I'll try firing the project up on the old computer to see what happens.
Thanks,
John
Karl Ottenstein
johncassel wrote:
all seemed well as long as I had the old 7.0 libraries loaded.
Hi John,

Did you try using the special subset version of the 7.0 library that has been updated to work with 8.x? See:
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
...about in the middle of Library Archives ... dated 2004.04.14

If that doesn't help, then follow the link from Link. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB