Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

library missing windows/doors

alanw
Contributor

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 12.28.02.png

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 12.27.16.png

trying to open a model from 2012/13 to work on a new project on the site......see above plan, plus screenshot of missing parts.  I assume that these are from library would be related to version 12, but where is this library which was once accessible? Can I recover the library? Is it on my machine or perhaps on the original version 12 disc? OR do I have to remodel each door/window from photographic records?

Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

AC always include previous versions of Libraries in order to migrate the files.

When you open an old file AC should ask to migrate the project and it should add the correct libraries to show all elements.

If you didn't migrate it the first time AC should ask you again on reopening.

If it didn't then you can link the missing libraries by opening "Library Manager", selecting "ADD" and going to your AC's installation Folder (location depends on OS) and looking under "Archicad Migration Libraries" and/or "Archicad Migration Libraries Old".

The only reason this might not work is if the file was created with a different "flavor" of AC, ie original file was INT and you are using USA version of AC

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

Solution
Barry Kelly

You can manually load the migration libraries, but they only go back to version 13 (they are in the Archicad program folder).

So if indeed this file uses the version 12 library, you may have to find and load that and load that as well.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Solution

AC12, 11 and 10 Libraries are in the "Archicad Migration Libraries Old" folder.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

AC always include previous versions of Libraries in order to migrate the files.

When you open an old file AC should ask to migrate the project and it should add the correct libraries to show all elements.

If you didn't migrate it the first time AC should ask you again on reopening.

If it didn't then you can link the missing libraries by opening "Library Manager", selecting "ADD" and going to your AC's installation Folder (location depends on OS) and looking under "Archicad Migration Libraries" and/or "Archicad Migration Libraries Old".

The only reason this might not work is if the file was created with a different "flavor" of AC, ie original file was INT and you are using USA version of AC

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Solution
Barry Kelly

You can manually load the migration libraries, but they only go back to version 13 (they are in the Archicad program folder).

So if indeed this file uses the version 12 library, you may have to find and load that and load that as well.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

AC12, 11 and 10 Libraries are in the "Archicad Migration Libraries Old" folder.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend

Shot in the dark... was the file possibly also saved / backed up with an archive PLA version? If it was then that version may have stored all the required library parts.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)