BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

lists and schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,
Are lists in archicad important or I only need to learn schedules ?
I mean schedules with new AC22 properties seam to replace listing from AC but listing still in AC navigator

thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Listing is the old way to do schedules.
It hasn't been updated for some years and will not work with the new stairs and rails.
I does still work and some here still use it.
With the use of GDL Property Objects you can even do some calculations.

The new Interactive Schedules can schedule all elements but can't do calculations.
This has changed now in 22 with Expressions in Properties that allows us to do much more.

I would try to do what you can with the Interactive Schedules because that is where Graphisoft is focussing their attention.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you barry
Barry wrote:
Listing is the old way to do schedules.
It hasn't been updated for some years and will not work with the new stairs and rails.
I does still work and some here still use it.
With the use of GDL Property Objects you can even do some calculations.

The new Interactive Schedules can schedule all elements but can't do calculations.
This has changed now in 22 with Expressions in Properties that allows us to do much more.

I would try to do what you can with the Interactive Schedules because that is where Graphisoft is focussing their attention.

Barry.
I still wonderd why does graphisoft still put lists in the navigator while you have to search for their commands ?
I think with new AC22 properties they will kill lists
Barry Kelly
Alammouri wrote:
I still wonderd why does graphisoft still put lists in the navigator while you have to search for their commands ?

Probably because the navigator (Project Map) is not customisable, whereas the menus are.
So the commands can be hidden easily in the menus.
Alammouri wrote:
I think with new AC22 properties they will kill lists
I hope not as lists with property objects are still more powerful than schedules with expressions in properties.
For example I can calculate the surface area of every skin in a composite wall and therefore determine the average length of each skin with property objects.
So far I haven't found a way to do this in interactive schedules - however I must say I am still exploring expressions in properties.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!