Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

major zone bug . . . or me?

__archiben
Booster
i'm just doing a floor tile take-off for the client - all of my tiled areas are zones. before i started i 'updated all zones'.

upon reviewing the data i noticed a few values that just didn't look right - so i put the fill tool over the same, identical area (as much as i evangelise archiCAD, i simply don't trust it either!). what i found was the following:

see the attached screenshot:
the zone stamp (din calc off or on) displays 16.25m2

the fill area text (in black) is just below it and shows 18.88m2

the 'update zones' dialogue is displaying an error, but more tellingly 18.66m2

zone preferences are set to neither add nor subtract anything from the zone area. everything has been rebuilt, open, closed, etc and i'm tired.

so which do i believe? what am i doing wrong? or is it an extremely big bug?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
Zones can read the gross floor area and the net area depending on settings and then particular zone. Maybe you have mixed them up somehow
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
__archiben
Booster
right - i sorted out the minor discrepancy between the 'update zones' value and the fill area. i figured that must've been my error and a walk around the block for some fresh air helped resolve that one.

but there is still a discrepancy between the value shown in the 'update zones' dialogue and the zone stamp itself. the only setting that i can see would make a difference is the use 'DIN area calculation' . . . but i get the same result whether or not this is ticked.

i can only think that there is an error in the zone stamp GDL somewhere.

i have to be somewhere in 20 minutes and have to get this out to the client before i go. why is it that this shit always happens at crunch time???!!!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i have to be somewhere in 20 minutes and have to get this out to the client before i go. why is it that this <b>[censored]</b> always happens at crunch time???!!!
~/archiben
Because if it happened when we had all the time in the world (and when does that ever happen) life would just be too easy
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you copy-paste this area of the project into a new file and post a PLA so we can look at it?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
when does life begin:

i have to be somewhere in 20 minutes and have to get this out to the client before i go. why is it that this [censored] always happens at crunch time???!!!......