BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

modify ID label - for wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
i want to somehow modify the id label for a wall. that is, label a wall using the id and inside the same box under the id, i want the wall size to show up, thus, a wood wall that is 2x4 would be labeled with the id and under a horizontal line, 3.5" would show up.

i have read and reread GDL scripting and i am completely lost... haven't found a GDL for dummies. can someone guide me or direct me on how to create this seemingly simple label? another method would be label the wall by its name with size below. our goal is to label the walls according wall type and refer to a schedule on another sheet. S3A (over) 6" is a steel stud wall type 3 with attenuation insulation and its 6" steel stud. maybe a label exists already that would do this??? any thougths
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Labels are unfortunately a bit complex to script, at least if you want them to appear automatically where you want them, at the correct angle and so on. But...

If you are willing to tweak and adjust them on plan you can write a simple script with the text, lines, etc that you want and then move and rotate them as needed. The only special knowledge you need is:
1. You must save it as a label type library part (the "Set Subtype" button in the editor if I recall correctly).
2. To get the referred element's ID use the GLOB_ID parameter in the label.
3. You can get the thicknesses of the various skins of a composite (look up the pertinent parameter names in the appendix of the GDL manual) and the overall thickness is available with the parameter WALL_THICKNESS.
Learn and get certified!