BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

navigator window missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not the first time this happened and I hope that you can recreate the problem with me so I can find a solution.

At home I work on a big lcd screen and I have my navigator window on the far right. Now I am somewhere else with my notebook ( winmac ) and the navigator window doesn't show up anymore, even when in toolpalletes I turn it on and off. I think it is somewhere on the right side outside my laptop screen but I can not find it. I tried restarting etc... but no luck. Any ideas how I can get my navigator window back without plugging it in my home LCD screen and moving it there ????
5 REPLIES 5
Thomas Holm
Booster
Answered here .

I have a similar situation. I have created a customized Work Environment which fits to the smaller screen and where all palettes are located to the left and to the top. This makes it usable on both screens and I don't worry about it anymore.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the tip,

I actually partially resolved it by restarting AC and selecting a different template to begin with. I somehow find it really strange that there is no auto-re size your windows/menu function when switching to a different screen size....
Thomas Holm
Booster
web_wallace wrote:
thanks for the tip,

I actually partially resolved it by restarting AC and selecting a different template to begin with. I somehow find it really strange that there is no auto-re size your windows/menu function when switching to a different screen size....
No restart needed. Just a New and Reset or choose a fitting WE.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas, I would skip the option New and Reset for daily use.
A fitting Work Environment is definitely THE way to go. So easy and what a comfort!
Afbeelding 4.png
Thomas Holm
Booster
Joeri wrote:
Thomas, I would skip the option New and Reset for daily use.
A fitting Work Environment is definitely THE way to go. So easy and what a comfort!
You're absolutely right! N&R is just an emergency option.
Learn and get certified!