Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

open solo project accidentally saved as gdl

Anonymous
Not applicable
I somehow accidentally saved a solo project as a gdl. When it opens, I see only script. I don't know how I did it, but I'm hoping to convert it back to pln.
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
You should still have the original pln file on your computer. When you save a project as a different file type such as .gsm or .pla it does not replace the original file, but creates a new file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
That makes perfect sense. As of yet, I have not been able to spot it, but I'll delve deeper. It was actually an existing project that I modified and then attempted to save it as "project name ll" (for example). That is when it became a gdl. So it might be possible that it never existed in its present form as a pln. So if you happen to know how to change a gdl back to a pln, I would be glad to hear about it.

On another point, I was curious to see something about about LA and Ann Arbor on your post. I was born in Ann Arbor and grew up in Thousand Oaks. I also lived in Encino for a few years. My older sister has lived in Ann Arbor for the past 40 years. She was an elementry school teacher.
Karl Ottenstein
custim wrote:
So if you happen to know how to change a gdl back to a pln, I would be glad to hear about it.
Not possible. Sorry.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I learned my lesson on that one. Thanks for your reply