BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

plotting colors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

can anyone tell me how I can match the colors i see using ArchiCAD 9 to my plotter. I have a HP DesignJet 250C and the colors when plotted do not match those on my screen. Alternatively, is it possible to somehow plot the range of standard colors available in ArchiCad as an A4 (or other size) color sheet.

Any help appreciated,
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
fool wrote:
I have a HP DesignJet 250C and the colors when plotted do not match those on my screen.
Are you plot from AC or PM?
fool wrote:
is it possible to somehow plot the range of standard colors available in ArchiCad as an A4 (or other size) color sheet.
You can use my "Pen Table ZB.gsm" to plot your pen tables.
Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a ScreenShot of "Pen Table ZB.gsm":
Pen Table ZB.jpg
__archiben
Booster
fool wrote:
can anyone tell me how I can match the colors i see using ArchiCAD 9 to my plotter. I have a HP DesignJet 250C and the colors when plotted do not match those on my screen.
fool,

process colour matching is a whole science unto itself. each and every piece of hardware involved handles colour in a slightly different way from the others. and where monitors are concerned, level of light in a room which varies throughout the day will also have a subtle effect on result. searching this forum may give you some information. searching colour matching with google will give you far more information (too much!).

you could try a calibration process, (which is what mr bauer is hinting at), whereby you print a swatch/sample and tweak your printer settings until what you see is what you get. but without the right equipment that too could be a lengthy and only approximate process.

the apple operating system has had a colour 'synchronisation' technology built in for years now - it's not 100%, but makes it easy for the average user to achieve what you are asking. there may be something similar in the windows print system? you'll have to ask an expert PC user for details, as i'm afraid that's out of my scope . . .

HTH a little
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
ZB,
hey thanks....it's very usefull tool to have...thank you....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you guys for your responses.....sorry i didn't get back sooner.....turns out I need to replace my plotter....ah well...cheers
Learn and get certified!