Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

problem: sit.plan_Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings_roofs not show from 0. story

aryastark
Enthusiast
valarmorhulis,

(this problem seems to have a lot of answers, but each answer i found has another handicap, so i wanted to do brainstorm and trying to take another possible answer without handicap.)

i want to create situation plan(idk is it correct in english).
but from 0.story.
because of, i want cars and other some objects should show from 0. story.
but then other some objects from 2. and higher, not showing.
like roofs. i want roofs should show from 0. story viewmap.

i don't want:
*to change cars and other objects floor plan display to all layers o|r change the roof plans to special for 0.story.
because if i do that than viewmap of plans of 0 story for instance, shows roofs. and we don't want that.
we can do that with assign to that viewmap another special layer combination which not include roofs but roofs are only example i want everything from 3. story should show in 0.story in viewmap001 but not in other viewmaps. actually this method should work with laboring, but if you know me i hate to do extra laboring when i use pc programs.

i tried:
*to change with trying every parameters to achieve to see story 3. from story 0. from Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings in 2D/3D Documents.

roof normally(from it's sotry view) seems like this:
Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
I don't think cut planes or show on storeys will get you a single plan to show you exactly what you want.
As you have discovered, if you can get it to work with one view (site plan) it may not work with others (floor plan).

I would make separate views of what you do want to see (i.e. cars on storey 0 and roof on storey 2), and then overlay these as drawings on a layout page - to build up the view that you want to see.

It may not work, but give it a go.
It may even be a case of using the other settings as well as multiple overlaid drawing on a layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly
I don't think cut planes or show on storeys will get you a single plan to show you exactly what you want.
As you have discovered, if you can get it to work with one view (site plan) it may not work with others (floor plan).

I would make separate views of what you do want to see (i.e. cars on storey 0 and roof on storey 2), and then overlay these as drawings on a layout page - to build up the view that you want to see.

It may not work, but give it a go.
It may even be a case of using the other settings as well as multiple overlaid drawing on a layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11