BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Missing" Views after renaming

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've found that ARCHICAD saved views go "Missing" if the Views get renamed. I would've thought that ARCHICAD would be smart enough to follow the View not by name but by some other unique code that is embedded per view.

Is this not the case?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Do you mean the view in the View Map becomes 'Missing' (I have not seen this)?
If I change the name of a view point in the Project Map then that will automatically filter through to the view in the View Map and the drawing in the Layouts (after an update) - unless I have given them a custom name in the Project map or Layouts.

Or do you mean the properties of the view become 'Missing' - i.e. layer combination, pen set, MVO combination, etc.?
If so then yes this does happen and I can tell you Graphisoft are aware of it as it has been brought up in discussions with them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry
Thank you always for your prompt assistance.

What I mean is the attached. I have a saved view of the ground floor. The Graphic Override was called 100 FLOOR PLANS. I then went to this Graphic Override and added an "X" to the end. Now, this saved view goes "Missing "100 FLOOR PLANS""
View.jpg
Barry Kelly
Yes this is a known problem.
It will happen for most of those view properties - layer combination, pen set, MVO, GO, reno filter, dimension style.

I think the only ones that are safe at the scale and structure display - because you can't re-name those.

At least now it says "Missing (name of missing)" or something similar so you may have an idea of what you need to change it to.
Some versions ago it used to just be "Missing".

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!