BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

re aligning cover fill image

Anonymous
Not applicable
bon soiree tout le monde!
A quick question for some work i need to get done tonight, hopefully someone can quickly answer it for me

Ive made a new cover fill image from a photovoltaic jpeg, now when I want to place it ontop of the roof its not aligned to the edge of the roof as I want
Can someone explain how I realign the cover fill so it sits as I need it please

merci
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
(Hope I am not too late - it is already morning here )

In the 3D window with the roof selected, go to Design > Align 3D texture > Set Origin, then pick the point at which your texture should start its repeat pattern.

(Edit - Reading again I see you are talking about a cover fill image, not a material texture, so you must be in either AC12 or 13. This information would have been helpful, add to your signature for future reference. And ignore the advice above, sorry)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you stuart, I have taken your advice and updated my profile.

is there no way to re align cover fills???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do they not work the same way as vectorial fills, with an option to locate the fill origin? ( I am still on AC11 so don't have image fills, probably the one feature of the latest upgrades I would like to have)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart is correct - yes they do. So, with the roof selected, go to the cover fill options, set the Cover Fill Orientation to Link to Fill Origin and move the handle to where you want the image origin to be.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you ksymons19, ill try that.
Learn and get certified!