Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

rebuilt section elevation views

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello everyone. im using archicad 10 version 817 INT FULL (im not sure if this is the version) anyway

i have the following problem.
when my project starts to get bigger and bigger when i want to see a section (i have them in autorebuilt model) some things disappear. for example a part of my stair. or half of the roof. regardless if i changed that item or not. i think it happens from loading and loading the sections and elevations again and again. if i close archicad and re open the project then most of the time it is good but when i start working again they start diasappearing!
why?
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
hello everyone. im using archicad 10 version 817 INT FULL (im not sure if this is the version) anyway

i have the following problem.
when my project starts to get bigger and bigger when i want to see a section (i have them in autorebuilt model) some things disappear. for example a part of my stair. or half of the roof. regardless if i changed that item or not. i think it happens from loading and loading the sections and elevations again and again. if i close archicad and re open the project then most of the time it is good but when i start working again they start diasappearing!
why?
thanks
Nothing to wory about, it happens in 11 also

I have same problem with archicad stairs in AC11, so sometimes i move section a liitlebit and i see everything ok, thats one of stupid bugs and i think that u have to live with that.

I never had that problem using CIGRAPH STAIR ADDON.

I dont know do u know what is "layer combinations" and do u use it but that can be couse of problem. If u use saved views they also keep information what layers are active and which not. So try to adjust layer combinations.

If u need more info about layer comb. post your q ¨

CIAO !
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot
in fact i dont use layer combinations. im trying some times but i dont find it easy so i dont use them.

thanks again 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
thanks a lot
in fact i dont use layer combinations. im trying some times but i dont find it easy so i dont use them.
YIKES!!!

You really must learn how to use and manage layer combinations. It is hard to imagine doing any but the simplest projects without them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
if i understand right, they are like groups of layers locked visible or not and you just go from one to another without the need of doing it manually every time for example if you need often not to see 4 layers?

is that it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
if i understand right, they are like groups of layers locked visible or not and you just go from one to another without the need of doing it manually every time for example if you need often not to see 4 layers?

is that it?
Basically yes. Another way to put it is that they allow you to store and name a particular state of all layer settings. For example: Model - Complete, Model - Exterior, Model - without trees, Floor Plan, Ceiling Plan, Section-Elevation, and so on. There are many, many ways of using them, and many different naming standards so I am only mentioning a few obvious ones.

Beside just making your life much easier by making it faster to change layer settings, they are vitally important for setting up Views and controlling the appearance of Drawings on the Layouts. Each view stores an associated layer combination. To begin with it is whatever is active at the time the view is created. If none it is listed as "Custom" and simply stores the current state of all the layers. This can be changed in the View Settings dialog.

The advantage is that all views of the same type can share the same layer combination and will automatically be adjusted by any changes to that combination. For example:

All sections and elevations views are associated with the "Section" layer combination. You add a new layer called "3D details". By making this layer visible in the "Section" combination these elements will automatically show up in all sections. Conversely, by hiding the layer in the "Floor Plan" combination they will not show up on any floor plans.

This is MUCH easier than going through and redefining all the views individually to accommodate the new layer.