Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

rotate object in vertical plane

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, happy new year

I want to create a 3d model of the electrical cabling on a PV roof.

I have created the cable run with MEP, but its horizontal, I need the cable to run at the angle of the roof. Ive attatached an image to illustrate what I mean.
Is there anyway to rotate an object in the vertical plane so that it matches the roof angle??? The cable can be seen in front of the building

Capture.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Use Rotator.gsm........Save your cables as an object and then rotate it with rotator.gsm

2. Save your cables as object and then add rotate around x, y,z axis into the GDL code
Anonymous
Not applicable
or you can use ArchiRotate if you have ArchiSuite, it is very easy

http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?action=current_product&prodotti_id=26&lang=en
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
strawbale wrote:
Is there anyway to rotate an object in the vertical plane so that it matches the roof angle??? The cable can be seen in front of the building
Take a look at OBJECTiVE. It provides a tool to rotate and selection of objects about a specified axis, and can rotate in section/elevation views too. The assembly tools would allow you to toggle the cables between the finished position in the roof and a flat plan view if subsequent editing was required. It also provides a split tool that would enable you to cut your cables in plan or elevation for more complex roof layouts. The videos on the product page illustrate all these functions.
Ralph Wessel BArch