Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

rotating text

Dwight
Newcomer
Am I the only guy who needs to put 180 degrees into the text block tool to get it to be upside down and be unable to actually rotate it that way?

Probably a good feature if you knew about it.
Dwight Atkinson
6 REPLIES 6
Aussie John
Newcomer
special code just for you Dwight
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Am I the only guy who needs to put 180 degrees into the text block tool to get it to be upside down and be unable to actually rotate it that way?

180 degrees in the text rotation worked for me in AC9. Upside down text the way you would expect it to be.
Djordje
Ace
Dwight wrote:

Is the padlock in the Info box on? It locks the rotation angle whatever you input. Unlock it.

If the 180° does not work, try 179.9°
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Djordje wrote:
Is the padlock in the Info box on? It locks the rotation angle whatever you input. Unlock it.
Wow. Learn something every day. Never saw that before. Has always been in default (unlocked) mode for me, so hadn't had a problem, but didn't realize the possibilities. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe this may be related to the option to rotate or not rotate texts, labels and zone stamps in modules. So for example, when placing many instances of a module at differing angles in a plan one can control whether textual elements in the module is rotated or not.

When the lock is applied these elements will remain at a fixed angle.
Dwight
Newcomer
I have decided it is a FEATURE, not an ANNOYANCE.

When manually rotating text, it might be a good thing to not have it ever go upside down.

When specifying the rotation angle in a dialog box, and it responds by turning the text upside-down, it is okay, since I need upside-down text....
Dwight Atkinson