BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

scale image in a precise way

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello:

Is there a way to scale some image to a specific size?.
I ask because i have an image with a grid of 9x9 and want to draw on top of that.

Using the resize command with percentages or stretching manually the image gives me bad results getting all the time small miscalculations (besides its very uneasy to do).

Any way?

Thanks!.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
NewTech,

Use the "Line" Tool and start at a corner of your placed image. Draw your 9x9 square with the Line Tool. Then select your image, click a corner, and use the Resize option from the palette. As you resize, once the mouse touches the intersection of the lines (at a corner), you should be able to precisely click and resize to that location based on the intersecting lines.

Best,
Foster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not draw your grid from scratch on a worksheet, then trace and reference that under your intended drawing? Drawing a grid is trivial and quick.

Plus the inaccuracies you mention might be due to a slightly skewed or warped scan...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Foster wrote:
NewTech,

Use the "Line" Tool and start at a corner of your placed image. Draw your 9x9 square with the Line Tool. Then select your image, click a corner, and use the Resize option from the palette. As you resize, once the mouse touches the intersection of the lines (at a corner), you should be able to precisely click and resize to that location based on the intersecting lines.

Best,
Foster
Thanks!, if i get it right, to do what u are saying i should know the dimension of one of the sides of the entire image and scale that. (since when i scale gradually i dont see whats inside of the image, just the sides).

(the problem is that the grid is inside of the picture limits).
Anonymous
Not applicable
MarkMoscrip wrote:
Why not draw your grid from scratch on a worksheet, then trace and reference that under your intended drawing? Drawing a grid is trivial and quick.

Plus the inaccuracies you mention might be due to a slightly skewed or warped scan...
Thanks!, actually what i would like to be scaled are the little geometries that are inside of the grid.

So i was lookings something like the ALIGN command in autocad, where u can scale images selecting 2 points of it and matching them with what u want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you might be having trouble with the use of the resize operation itself.
BTW, you will not be able to see the "contents" of your image during the resize operation, that is normal behavior.
Anyway, this list may help:

1) On top of your placed drawing - draw a line between two known points, precisely as possible (zoom way in).
Drawing this line first helps with more precise input later on.
2) Now start the graphic resize operation, >Edit Menu, >Reshape, >Resize.
In response to AC's prompt "Enter resizing centerpoint", select the first point of your drawn line.
The AC prompts should be visible in the bottom left corner of screen.
3) then AC then prompts you to "Enter First vector of resize ratio" this is going to be other endpoint of the line you drew in step 1 above.
4) AC now prompts you to "Enter Second vector of resize ratio" here you will give the corrected distance of your grid.
I use the distance tracker pop up to enter the correct distance via the keyboard.
Note, do not try to begin with the first point again, here you only need to input the final resize point or distance.
5) If your results are a fraction of an inch off, simply repeat the operation from this point and your results should be spot on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MarkMoscrip wrote:
I think you might be having trouble with the use of the resize operation itself.
BTW, you will not be able to see the "contents" of your image during the resize operation, that is normal behavior.

1) On top of your placed drawing - draw a line between two known points, precisely as possible (zoom way in).
1.5) Select the image and line
In response to AC's prompt "Enter resizing centerpoint", select the first point of your drawn line.
3) then AC then prompts you to "Enter First vector of resize ratio" this is going to be other endpoint of the line you drew in step 1 above.
4) AC now prompts you to "Enter Second vector of resize ratio" here you will give the corrected distance of your grid.
I use the distance tracker pop up to enter the correct distance via the keyboard.
Note, do not try to begin with the first point again, here you only need to input the final resize point or distance.
5) If your results are a fraction of an inch off, simply repeat the operation from this point and your results should be spot on.
Fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MarkMoscrip wrote:

Thanks!, that was it .
Learn and get certified!