Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

scale.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do we have scale in the 2d modelling windows?

Autocad is 1:1. I'm sure there's a reason why AC isn't but can't figure it out yet.

Anyone?

Adri
14 REPLIES 14
TomWaltz
Participant
What's a "2D modeling window"?

I'm assuming you mean a plan or detail window? If so, the scale is what scale you intend to print the drawing at, so Archicad will size the text, dimensions, zones, and markers appropriately.

It's strictly for printing. It has nothing to do with the actual building elements.
Tom Waltz
Eduardo Rolon
To see how line weights, text and symbols look at that particular scale. Place some 12pt text @ 1/8" scale and then switch to 1/4 and you'll get it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom. I called it that deliberatly as we are supposed to 'Model'.

Yeah OK. I understand the print preview argument. I can't remember how AutoCAD handles that now. Been a while...

Thanks

Adri
Eduardo Rolon
adri wrote:

Yeah OK. I understand the print preview argument. I can't remember how AutoCAD handles that now. Been a while...

Thanks

Adri
It doesn't
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

TomWaltz
Participant
adri wrote:
You may have made up a name for it, but if you want someone to help (or even to understand what you are saying) it might be more useful to use the name that is used within the program.

Archicad does not have a "2D modeling window". It has a plan window, a 3D window, a schedule window, a report window, detail windows, section windows, etc.

My 3-year old makes up words all the time. It's a lot easier if he tells us "the house in on fire" instead of "the boxy box is reddy red".
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adri,
It also helps us if you put your computer specs and AC build in your signature line. You'll get reprimanded for it eventually if you don't.
Djordje
Ace
adri wrote:
Why do we have scale in the 2d modelling windows?

Autocad is 1:1. I'm sure there's a reason why AC isn't but can't figure it out yet.

Anyone?

Adri
There is an activity called training.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

I'm on quite a few forums for one thing and another and I've yet to come across anyone quite as consistently rude as you.

Quite an accolade. Be proud of yourself.

Adri
TomWaltz
Participant
adri wrote:
Tom,

I'm on quite a few forums for one thing and another and I've yet to come across anyone quite as consistently rude as you.

Quite an accolade. Be proud of yourself.

Adri
Yet you accept no responsibility... "No, it couldn't possibly by anything I'm doing! It's all Tom's fault for being mean to me!"

Sometimes you may need to ask why someone acts a certain way towards you. You, adri, seem to only be inclined to complain ("Why is this d#*& section marker not doing what I want?"), act like you own the place ("I'm going to call this whatever I want!"), and get others to do your research for you ("Why should I use the manual when the forum is here!"). You'll get no sympathy from me.

If you're going to ask a group for help, you should help the group to help you. Little things like opening the manual once in a while and using standardized terminology for program elements. Not everyone has the luxury of real training, but these two actions are free.
Tom Waltz