BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

scaled fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem replicating a scaled fill from one part of a drawing on to another.

If I use the dropper, to pick up the attributes, then use the magic wand to fill the boundary, my new fill knows that it's a scaled fill, but it doesn't know what scale. Problem is: neither do I, so I don't know how far to drag out the scaling handle.

As a work-around, I copy a block of fill and then edit it to fit the new space, but this is much more time consuming than using the magic wand.

Is there a simple solution to this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, when you place a new fill you have to set the scale as you place it.

The easiest way I can think of is to find the handle of the existing fill, start to drag the handle end points and read the figures from the tracker. Manually input these figures in your new fill.
Anonymous
Not applicable
…actually there is another way. Copy your existing fill and make sure it is entirely within you proposed magic wand boundary for your new fill. Select the copied fill, use the pet palette with the "Add to polygon" function, then magic wand your new border.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart - that works well.

But I'm going to post a wish that we can just copy the attributes of scaled fills with the pipette and syringe, which would be somewhat easier!
Anonymous
Not applicable
You'd like to think that adding a check box to Fills to "Retain scale and orientation" should not be too hard, maybe just have to select the origin.
Learn and get certified!