Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

short keys

sphilips
Participant
Hello I'm working with Archicad since version 3 , always on a Mac .
I have a new job, but : windows ! Can I export my short keys
and import them in Archicad windows ? I'm really used to these keys
for more than 20 years
3 REPLIES 3
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
sphilips,

Yes you can export your shortcuts with some rules and exceptions. Here is what I have found with just a bit of experimenting.

First your shortcuts are stored in your Work Environment profile. You will need to go to Options>Work Environment>Work Environment. At the top of the list on the left, click Work Environment Profiles. Select the one you primarily use (this profile should have your custom shortcuts applied) and click export to save a profile package (I saved mine to a USB drive). Plug the USB drive into your Windows machine and via the Options>Work Environment> Work Environment>Work Environment Profiles, import the profile. Note: just look for the directory the profile is stored on. For instance I stored my custom profile in the root directory of my thumb drive so I just browsed for F:\ and ArchiCAD found the available profiles in the directory. If you use multiple profiles, then repeat the process.

Note: Since MAC and Windows keyboards are different COMMAND(MAC)=CTRL(WIN); ALT/OPTION(MAC)=ALT(WIN) and any shortcuts using the CTRL button on the MAC will not appear in your Windows environment sorry to say. You will have to re-map those.

This is as much as I know from a little bit of experimenting, maybe others know more. HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
sphilips
Participant
Thanks for your answer, but I knew I can export my short keys and other
preferences via Work Environment . I already use this methode between
Mac environment . But has anyone the experience ?
s. Philips
Eduardo Rolon
S. Phillips,

It is the same procedure in both systems you import your shortcuts and thats it. As Ncornia says the name of the keys are different but their position in the keyboard are the same and you lose one key since Windows does not have an equivalent to the Macs Command Key.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator