Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

solid element operations and renovation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to control solid element operation with renovation filters?
Red slab is new, white walls are existing. When I substract slab from wall on "new" renovation filter everything is ok. screen 1 and 2. But when I change renovation filter to "existing", the existing wall has hole from the new designed slab - slab not visible on existing renovation filter. screen 3.
I don't want to see the empty space from new slab on "existing" renovation filter.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
NO.
You must place an existing beam in that hole to see the status "Existing" in tke right way.

I have done a project with this situation:
RTP_Existing+New.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As Andro said, Solid Element Operations cannot be controlled or influenced by Renovation Filters.
Another tip for this situation:
Create the cut of the Slab into the Wall by using "Wall Niche Rectangular" objects all around the perimeter of the Slab. Then set the Reno Filter of these Wall Niche Rectangle Objects to "New".
There is also a parameter for the Wall Niche object using which you can hide its 2D so it does not mess up your Floor Plan.
With the "Existing" Reno Filters the Wall Niches then are not displayed, with the "New" they are and they cut the rectangular hole out of the Wall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27