BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

split levels?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's my problem.

I have a large exhibition space 6 meters high. And I want to insert a new level at 3m over part of the exhibition space for offices etc. How do I go about getting to show the plan for the split level? I need to show the two separate plans, one at level 0 and one at level +3 but without creating two different stories. Or is that not possible?

Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Saved views with different cut planes may work.
Then you can put the two tightly next to each other on the same sheet
possibly?
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212

how exactly do you mean? I understand the idea of the different cut planes for a given plan but do you mean a different height cut plane for the plan or a cut plane in the 3d document? Could I have copies of the same floor?
Karl Ottenstein
zoltar wrote:
how exactly do you mean? I understand the idea of the different cut planes for a given plan but do you mean a different height cut plane for the plan or a cut plane in the 3d document? Could I have copies of the same floor?
You want to be working with saved Views -which become your drawings...

You can have as many Views of a single floor as you want, with each view having different saved settings. In this case, you want two saved views of the same floor - each view with a different Floor Plan Cut Plane. For example, the FPCP for the first level might be at 1 meter and the second might be at 4 m. (The structural plan for the higher level might have a cut plane at 2.8 m to cut through support beams.) Etc. Different values for above/below determine how much of the model is projected into the view.

A presentation view of the same plan might have solid wall shading and a layer combo that turns on colored fills/etc. Model View Options let you control many things here - different saved Model View combinations for different views. A key plan would be the same floor at one scale where detailed plans would be portions of the floor at a different scale. All just views of a single story / floor. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Karl,

that is exactly what I want, however I didnt find a Copy option for the individual fllor plans. How do I do that?
Karl Ottenstein
zoltar wrote:
that is exactly what I want, however I didnt find a Copy option for the individual fllor plans. How do I do that?
There is no 'copy'. You set up all of the settings to see things as you want - with properly named layer combo, model view options, etc - and then create/save a new view. Look at the documentation for how to create a View.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
zoltar wrote:
Here's my problem.

I have a large exhibition space 6 meters high. And I want to insert a new level at 3m over part of the exhibition space for offices etc. How do I go about getting to show the plan for the split level? I need to show the two separate plans, one at level 0 and one at level +3 but without creating two different stories. Or is that not possible?

Cheers.

Hi zoltar,

This thread (about "Split Level" also) might give you more help:

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=31727&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Cheers,
Learn and get certified!