Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

stretch in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a quick and painless way to stretch a building in the 3D window? I have a building mostly completely modeled and need to take a foot out of the overall vertical height.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope it is possible.. I'll be needing this very soon. Hopefully you don't have to do it element type by element type..
Barry Kelly
Millard wrote:
Is there a quick and painless way to stretch a building in the 3D window? I have a building mostly completely modeled and need to take a foot out of the overall vertical height.
Unfortunately it is not possible to stretch with the marquee for hieght.
The method I use is to use the FIND & SELECT tool to select all elements with an elevation that is equal to or greater than the height of the lowest element you want to lower.
i.e. gutter height or ceiling height or everything above window head height. Whatever height suits your needs.
Once selected (obviously have all layers turned on) you can use the ELEVATE tool to lower everything by your requried amount (-1 foot).

Then it is just a matter of adjusting the top heights for any walls or columns than begin below the height you chose but still need their top heights adjusted (because they would not have been selected in the process above).
You can use find & select here again but you will need to choose all walls and columns for each different top height separately if you have walls/columns of different heights.
Otherwise they will all become the same height and may not be what you want.

If you then have stories above you just need to adjust the levels in the storey setting dialogue.

I hope I have explained this clearly enough.
A little practice and it is really quite straight forward.
The find and select tool can really be quite valuable.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11