Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

todays blond question ? finding a straight line ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok very stupid question buts its annoying me.

about 1 week agao, when i started to draw a line, i picked a point and then i would move the second point a little in a straight direction and archicad would show me some lovly orange help lines and i could line the new point at a 90 degree angle etc. that i loved.

Now when i create a new line, i dont have this and my lines are freely moving and i cant pick up these lovly 45 degree angles etc.

what have i changed in my settings.
its really annowing.

thanks guys.
Ian
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
im just having a big blond day.
now i have played with the pick point settings at the top menu and now i cant start a line from this box, the line always starts from the centre point.

i am just dumb, and i think i am screwing my settings up worse than ever.
Ian
Anonymous
Not applicable
i think the magic settings lie here ??
Ian
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
pixpast wrote:
about 1 week agao, when i started to draw a line, i picked a point and then i would move the second point a little in a straight direction and archicad would show me some lovly orange help lines and i could line the new point at a 90 degree angle etc. that i loved.

Now when i create a new line, i dont have this and my lines are freely moving and i cant pick up these lovly 45 degree angles etc.
The command you are looking for is Guide Lines, named Show/Hide Guide Lines command in the Work Environment.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14