BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trouble keeping version files straight

Jefferson
Participant
Upgraded from 8.1 [still have a], couple of unfinished projects there, setting up ver 10 templates/profiles/ etc............so I'm going back and forth between the two versions and invariably .PLN files are trying to open in the wrong version, as in back and forth! Since I don't plan on uninstalling 8.1, is there a simple way to control this behavior, other than always selecting >open with from the file itself or opening the file from within AC? [it's slow U know ]

I have tried multiple times to set the properties of the .PLN files to accommodate my wishes, only to have them "misbehave". Surely you beta guys know the answer to this........
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Jefferson wrote:
Upgraded from 8.1 [still have a], couple of unfinished projects there, setting up ver 10 templates/profiles/ etc............so I'm going back and forth between the two versions and invariably .PLN files are trying to open in the wrong version, as in back and forth! Since I don't plan on uninstalling 8.1, is there a simple way to control this behavior, other than always selecting >open with from the file itself or opening the file from within AC? [it's slow U know ]

I have tried multiple times to set the properties of the .PLN files to accommodate my wishes, only to have them "misbehave". Surely you beta guys know the answer to this........
I am old enough to remember DOS ... OK, OK, no Mac snides now, please ... and still think that double clicking a file is not a responsible way to do things. Start Archicad, open the file.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Eduardo Rolon
snide…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Ace
Djordje