Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

twisting curtain wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to model a twisting wall element in archicad 14. While searching I found out how to do it in Objective. (http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=32070)

My intention is similar, except that I would like to do it using the curtain wall tool.

It would also be nice to be able to modify it easily, as my floor heights may have to be adjusted, and the distance between the curtain wall and the frame may change.

Attached is an image of what I need to skin. The shift between floor plates is 18" in each direction.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jay
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to know this too, it hasn't been answered in 5 years, maybe someone will now.
Barry Kelly
Maybe the Rhino-grasshopper connection will do this easily.
Although you need to have the Rhino software.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=52496

Or maybe a Morph with the top surface rotated - might have to do that level by level rather than one complete wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that using the Grasshopper connection could be the easiest way. Or probably with the Shell tool. The shell tool can give you the shape easily, but for the frames and mullions, you will need to work a little making holes in the shell, etc, etc.

PD: Actually if you want, you can download a demo version of Rhino (grasshopper is free), and try it out, there is in youtube a tutorial on how to do something almost like this with the Grasshopper AC connection.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Depending on the level of detail, you can draft up something rather quick with shell tool and columns and beams.
twist.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5