Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

v16 Mesh bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a 1000'x1000' sloped mesh and tried to do the divisions 100x100 to test if v16 had the division limit. It generated the mesh but with only 20 divisions on direction. That's how it's always acted so I moved on and deleted all but one of the 20 divisions and drag the remaining one the the end of the mesh. Then I applied the multiply command to the line and spread it 10' to the other side so the mesh would have the 100x100 divisions. I'm not sure what happened but after I let go of the line my computer generated multiple meshes that kind of popped up in a random position along the x-axis. AC eventually crashed as it was trying to generate the mess. A couple of times before it crash to the desktop it became responsive but as soon as I select a mesh AC would lock and would take a couple of minutes to come out of it again.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I started to play around with the mesh again and I'm running into a lot of buggy behavior.

Amongst other things that have happened, this particular behavior is concerning. I created a 10000'x10000' mesh at zero level and off to the side I created a slab rectangle 30'x50'x20'-6" to simulate the size of a house against the large mesh. I then went to pull the slab over the mesh the slab was actually -6" under zero level but when I pulled the slab over it raised the slab up so the bottom of it was 0' and the top was 20'-6".

I was expecting a collision with an intersection but I got something different. Is that expected behavior? I need to know because this could really mess me up in the future if I'm not expecting it.