Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

views in multiple windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm new to archicad and I was wondering if it was possible to see multiple views in multiple windows, such as seeing floor 1 in one window and simultaneously seeing an axon in another window.

- Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
megaholycow:

You can arrange multiple windows to be visible (by resizing them and placing them next to each other), but only one will be the active window, the others will not update to reflect changes to the model until they are made the active window.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
A fellow employee who comes from a Revit background was very disappointed that ArchiCAD does not allow this, when Revit can.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually you can adjust each window to work with multiple views, but the drawback is that each window doesn't preserve it's view's properties. Once you jump from one to another the latest view's options will override the other windows original set.
We should be wishing each ACs window could preserve their original properties from the viewmap.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
lardizabal wrote:
Once you jump from one to another the latest view's options will override the other windows original set.
To keep view options, use the View Map, not the Project Map, in the Navigator to change views.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Stress Co_
Advisor
lardizabal wrote:
We should be wishing each ACs window could preserve their original properties from the viewmap.

an old wish
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.4.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)