BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall ends not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is probably a basic question, but i can't seem to get the wall ends to show when i have two walls of different heights either intersecting or if i change the height of a continuos wall, like stepping up in a foundation wall say. i have noticed that in a continuos wall, if i flip one so the the outside is opposite to the adjoining piece the there is a wall end line showing. i've selected show both wall ends, but that only seems to work when a wall terminates. in this case i'm drawing foundation walls and i have drawn an opening for a man door, but because there is a lower wall segment under the opening there are no wall ends on either side of the opening:?
16 REPLIES 16
canvea
Booster
I have the same issue, but in 2020. I would like there to be a line where the walls have different heights without changing the layer or reference line of the walls. Is this still not possible?
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Lingwisyer
Guru
Doubt your issue is the same unless you are using some ancient version of AC. Please post some images of your situation.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
canvea
Booster
Lingwisyer wrote:
Doubt your issue is the same unless you are using some ancient version of AC. Please post some images of your situation.
I am using AC23, and the walls still show up as one wall, without lines. Of course I could flip the reference line etc, as previously discussed, but I would really prefer not to. See attached images.
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you check if your Floor Plan Cut Plan (FPCP) is too low that it is cutting all segments?
But in this situation, I use empty Windows or Openings, in a single Wall.
Hope this helps.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Make sure you have the "Projected" Floor Plan Display option selected for the Walls. If it is set to "Symbolic Cut" you will not see a difference in 2D representation.
Or, as Braza suggested, create the desired Wall geometry by placing empty Window elements or Opening elements into the Wall, both of which will modify the 2D of the Wall accordingly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
canvea
Booster
Braza wrote:
Did you check if your Floor Plan Cut Plan (FPCP) is too low that it is cutting all segments?
You might be right that they were too tall in the previously attached image (I just drew it quickly to illustrate), but it still happens when the walls are way below the FPCP.
Braza wrote:
But in this situation, I use empty Windows or Openings, in a single Wall.
Yeah, I could do that.. But I find it hard to accept that I need a workaround to display the walls correctly. I use the walls as a base for a curtain wall that follows the terrain in segments, it doesn't make sense to use window-openings for these small increments.
LaszloNagy wrote:
Make sure you have the "Projected" Floor Plan Display option selected for the Walls. If it is set to "Symbolic Cut" you will not see a difference in 2D representation.
It is set to Projected.
Anonymous
Not applicable
canvea wrote:
I use the walls as a base for a curtain wall that follows the terrain in segments, it doesn't make sense to use window-openings for these small increments.
Fair enough... If you don't mind loosing your wall fill, you could set the lowest wall Floor Plan Display to "Overhead All" and set its projection line to continuous. Yes its dirty...
Hope this helps.
Learn and get certified!