BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

why? the archicad is not more flexible like revit to make complex geometries?

Anonymous
Not applicable
my question is why archicad can not easily make complex geometries like revit mass tools or get more free plugins to the market like revit
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
For when regular tools for complex geometries are not enough you have the Rhino/Grasshopper.
Check http://www.weareenzyme.com for some examples besides ARCHICAD's you tube channel and the series "modeled in AC in particular".
There are multiple options to do massing with the existing AC tools so I don't see a particular problem with that one. The workflow is different but it can be done
As for free plugins I don't know that many people that like working without compensation but most of the times it depends on what you need. Without knowing specific samples it is hard to know what functionality is missing that will be fixed by "free" plugins.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
With free plugins you usually get exactly what you paid for.
I don’t know of any professional person or organisation that would give away their effort and intellectual property for free. ArchiCAD and Revit are professional software not enthusiast software so there is not generally a community of enthusiasts working for free to develop free plugins
Earthworm
Booster
I'd like to think the morph tool covers all your needs. Maybe you need to learn how to use it 😉
ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10
Carstenem
Expert
paxis wrote:
my question is why archicad can not easily make complex geometries like revit mass tools or get more free plugins to the market like revit
Check out my latest ARCHICAD Speed Modeling Tutorial , then look through some of the others I produced and you will see plenty of complex buildings.

ARCHICAD covers 90% of your modeling needs, when you do "hit the wall " then as mentioned Grasshopper and Rhino is an option.

Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Learn and get certified!