BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

why walls did not close itself on each other?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi every one i am tracing file from dwg file(autocad) while i am tracing it some of walls did not close on each other although i picked up the same setting so cut fill will be the same and height will be the same and i used command fill to close it manually but no use any idea on how to deal with this situation ?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
This could be due to slight inaccuracies in the DWG. I've found that 2D CAD drawings are often drawn "good enough" for print but without the precision needed for accurate modeling.
Karl Ottenstein
The reference lines must touch each other to clean up. It looks like that may not be the case in your screenshot where you have 3 walls intersecting. Stretch the one, or use the Adjust command. (When you have two walls that are not cleaning up, select both and use the Intersection command.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahmed,
listen to Karl´s advice about Reference lines. An example:
Not so fast. There may be some other reasons why those walls won't clean up. He may need to flip some reference lines around.
There is the possibility that a real and constructible configuration of walls may not clean up.

Can you clean up this simple connection ?

The reference lines can all touch and it still will not always clean up.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reference lines to be into the same point.
WALLs_Reference lines 2.jpg
Yes. Exactly my point. He may have to move some reference lines arround to get a good up. Just having all three reference lines touching will not always do the job. Some times you can clean up three walls with only two reference lines touching.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!