BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

window dimension marker sill height - NOT to wall base

Andy Thomson
Advisor
Anyone come across this yet? With fancy window anchor points, and the ability to specify sill heights(aka. anchor points sometimes) relative to both story and/or wall base, we should be able to have the window dimension marker read the sill height as relative to story height. But no.

ie. I have a window 6" from the floor/story, but the wall drops another 12" below the floor/story height. Do you think the window dimension marker shows me the height to the story/floor? NO! NO! Why Not!! IT SHOWS THE DIM TO WALL BASE ONLY!

I am going crazy here, nothing I have tried can get the sill marker to show the sill height relative to the story - ONLY the wall base! If this is a bug, it should be fixed, if not, just please tell me what to do and I will go back to my corner...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Mine shows correct sill height.

What is your window setting showing, to wall base or sill height?
Which marker?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I don't know the question: but to be precise, these are 'empty windows', the 'Anchor' is set to 'Sill to Story 2' (for example) and opening plane is set to 'vertical', the 'Sill or Header Height' in the info box shows correctly, the dimension/value I want to see on the dimension marker, but the dimension marker will only give me to wall base.

BTW, I am using 10 on a mactel...and using 'window marker 10' - but the others are no different...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!