Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wireframe and not enough memory to render issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
My first post. Re: Version 19. 3d model has some elements showing in wireframe whilst other parts are shaded? How do I change the wireframe elements to shaded? Also problem with rendering. Error 100 Not enough memory to render? I have tried reduction in resolution and turned off objects but still no joy. Machine i7 14GB RAM 64BIT if this helps.Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
About wireframe:
In the Layer Settings Dialog there is a toggle for each layer to be shaded or wireframe. The state of this toggle is saved for each layer for each individual Layer Combination so switching from one Layer Combination to another when activating a saved View can change the state of this toggle. This could be a reason.

About memory: maybe you have a setting that would require a lot of memory. The first thing that comes to mind is the Grass shader, which can cause this if its settings are set to large values.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your quick response. I solved the memory issue by transferring my model to another file and rebooting the computer. With the wireframe situation your information now allows me to understand why some elements were shaded and others wireframe. Thanks again.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you show a screenshot of the exact situation? We might have other ideas after seeing the image.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your solution to the wireframe problem was correct. Thank you. I was able to fix the wire frame and render the model after I rebooted the computer. I have just pulled the model apart again to make changes but next time I have an issue I will do as you request and upload a screen shot. This forum is great.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks for posting back with the feedback.