BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

working on a bldg with a skew...best way?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Relatively simple question (I hope). What is the most efficient way to work on a building/structure with a skew? In other words, Rotate view...fine....bu t then the guidelines are stuck at orthagonal to the non rotated view (ortagonal bldg segment) Is there a way to adjust the guidelines so they show orthagonal to the skewed view when in the skewed view? Seems using the parallel and perpendicular modifiers instead is a slow way to work.

simple I hope...
3 REPLIES 3
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
hillclinger,

Easy. Rotate orientation button at bottom of screen. Click it, pick two points along an element such as a wall you would like to work on in a horizontal orientation and rotate to 0 degrees.

The button next to the Rotate Orientation button will reset the orientation when you are finished modfying.

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help, I actually figured that part out, however, the one thing that happens is when one holds down the shift key to lock to orthagonal when performing an operation, it locks to the original, nonrotaed coordinates. Do I need a rotated grid to get this to work? Also, my computer tends to crash rather frequently when working in rotated view mode, and it is a brand new imac. Ideas?
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Erik,

Not too sure about the crashing. I run 14 on a pre-2009 MacBook Pro and it has crashed very rarely.

I also am not having problems with the orthogonal guides. The guide settings can be adjusted here: Options>Work Environment>Guide Lines and a few other settings in Options>Work Environment>Tracker & Coordinate Input

I typically do not hold the shift key since orthogonal lines will automatically appear by default that I can snap to when drawing.

Perhaps with the crashes and the guide problems you should check to see if you have all of the latest hot fixes. One just came out last week.

See this discussion: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=181363

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!