We are excited to announce the launch of a new Graphisoft Community Challenge! This time we invite you to share your cool experiments with Graphic Overrides.
Following the trends, we think the best way to show your Graphic Overrides combination is to make a GIF with a before and after applying it to your project and upload it here. You can find more details and instructions in the right side of this page under “How to Participate”.
This time we gathered a Graphisoft expert jury panel to evaluate your entries, including some of the creators and developers of the Graphic Overrides.
• Efficiency: practical and useful combinations, efficient in showcasing the feature; submissions that explore hidden gems of the Graphic Overrides
Authors of picked entries will receive special Community Badges and their Graphic Override Combinations might end up featured in one of our official Archicad templates!
Please note that to be eligible for official recognition from our Graphisoft Jury, you must fill in this form – in the second page you may upload a PLA file with your project and submitted Graphic Overrides Combination.
Meet the jury panel:
How to Participate
Download one of our Sample Projects, or use another design project of your choice, and create a Graphic Overrides combination that will catch our attention for the qualities mentioned in the jury selection criteria.
Submit your design before and after using Graphic Overrides in GIF format here - please do not exceed the 9 MB image file size. Optionally, you can add a description and additional screenshots - just make sure the GIF comes first as it will be the cover of your entry.
You don’t know how to make a GIF out of your design? Just follow these quick steps:
1. Before applying any Graphic Overrides, choose the perfect angle to showcase your work and save the 3D view (right-click, Save Current View…);
2. From the saved 3D View, go to File > Save as… > select JPEG as file format > set the best quality in the Image Save Options > hit Save;
3. Do not pan, zoom or breathe. Repeat Step 1 after applying the Graphic Overrides combination you have created;
4. Go to any free source JPEG to GIF solution online, for example iloveimg. Select the animated GIF option in the right side of the screen and set 2 seconds per image;
5. Download your GIF and upload it here. Boom, you’re in!
Remember: to be eligible for official recognition from our Graphisoft Jury, you must also fill in this form. On that occasion, you must upload a PLA file with your project and submitted Graphic Override Combination. Please make sure to name your PLA file as follows: your Community username-submission title.pla.
Here are the main topics covered in our Terms but please read the full document linked above before submitting your work.
• This challenge is only open to Graphisoft Community members;
• Only English language submissions will be accepted;
• Please embed any graphics/visuals into your challenge entry, for each correspondent Graphic Overrides combination;
• You may submit multiple entries, each corresponds to only one Graphic Overrides combination;
• There are no winners, rather recognized entries by the Graphisoft Jury;
• Graphisoft reserves the right to change or cancel any award and make other adjustments as needed to accommodate particular circumstances;
• All submitted entries will be publicly displayed on Graphisoft Community. Submitting an entry gives Graphisoft permission and approval to leverage content for Marketing and Public Relations purposes in presentations, on social media, and the Graphisoft websites;
• The submission window starts on May 13, 2022 | 12:00 PM CEST;
• All entries must be received by June 13, 2022 | 12:00 PM CEST;
• You can expect highlights from the Challenge to be shared on June 20, 2022.
Send as many entries as you want. Unleash your creativity and let’s G.O.!