Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.
SOLVED!

Forum HTML

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

My forum signature is longer than the recommended max number of lines, so I was thinking of right aligning some portions of it since each line is relatively short. The issue is that the forum does not seem to accept the <p style="float: right; text-align: right;"> command... Anyone know a work around for this? Or would someone with access to the forum backend be able to enable this functionality?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Ling,

Allow me to jump in as the person working the most with the backend. The HTML functionality you are looking for is tied to a permission which is not available for regular user profiles currently - as you figured out, to prevent advanced spamming. I saw your post yesterday and discussed it with my colleagues, we agreed that we will enable this for certain ranks - people who are actively participate in conversations here. 

I can't commit to change the settings this week (because we need to evaluate that what is the entry level of getting this permission), but I will follow up with you once the Community has the new settings.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

N.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly

I don't know if the forum accepts right justified HTML.

For my signature (nothing fancy there!), I just used an on-line HTML editor, then just copy & paste the results.

You may still find it will not right justify on the forum even if the editor does (as you say the command may just not be allowed).

https://html-online.com/editor/

You could try that or just type info on the same line with a bit of space between?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Just found out that you cannot use this command (text-align: right) on a single line of text as it forces a new line... will try another method later...

Lingwisyer
Guru

Found the Float command that should work, but the forum does not accept it...

<font color="#868686"><font size="-1"><p style="float: left;"><em>AC22-23 AUS 7000<br />Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.<br />Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660<br /></em></p>
<p style="float: right; text-align: right;"><em><a href="https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Profile-Signatures-Help-Those-Helping-You/td-p/364038">Help Those Help You - Add a Signature</a></em><br /><a href="https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Creating-a-Thread/td-p/361315">Creating a Thread</a></p></font></font>

Looking at the actual rendered HTML of your signature, it looks like it's stripping out all the paragraph tags.  It's probably an anti-spam / code injection protection technique.

scottjm_0-1674111218692.png

Might be a case for some strategic white underscores to manually float some text to align right.

EDIT: Just tested it and this worked pretty well:
<font color="FFFFFF">__________________</font>

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
Lingwisyer
Guru

Ah. Khoros seems to include a HTML stipper, which will strip all HTML except for those specifically allowed...

<#assign stripperOptions = utils.html.stripper.from.owasp.optionsBuilder.allowElement("p").build() />

@rjakab, would someone with access to the forum backend be able to add the "p" tag to the HTML strippers allowed elements, or is there some bigger reason to not allow it?

Ling.

Solution

Hi Ling,

Allow me to jump in as the person working the most with the backend. The HTML functionality you are looking for is tied to a permission which is not available for regular user profiles currently - as you figured out, to prevent advanced spamming. I saw your post yesterday and discussed it with my colleagues, we agreed that we will enable this for certain ranks - people who are actively participate in conversations here. 

I can't commit to change the settings this week (because we need to evaluate that what is the entry level of getting this permission), but I will follow up with you once the Community has the new settings.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

N.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Dear All,

We discussed internally and made the decision to grant advance HTML in signatures for the following ranks:

NoemiBalogh_0-1674826634930.png

Existing members got the update on their profiles and new users will grant the permission automatically in the future. We decided to tie it for active users from Enthusiast level to promote the active participation on our Community.

Thank you @Lingwisyer for the suggestion!

N.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

So, I see the <p> paragraph tag itself is no longer getting removed, but it cannot be used to set a style?

Lingwisyer
Guru

Following up on this, it would appear that some commands such as the float that I was attempting to use are simply not supported by the forum engine. It would appear that the forum engine documentation has a few holes... On the otherhand we now have access to more text formatting options.

Ling.