Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

We want your feedback!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

134 REPLIES 134

@DGSketcher wrote:

I am used to having the thread displaying oldest to newest, is there a quick way to get to the end of a long thread?

Only by scrolling!

You can set the number of posts you see in a list before you get the NEXT page option.

It seems worse than the old forum because it is not as wide, so you seem to be forever scrolling long posts.

The other problem is you may not want to scroll to the end, depending on how you have set your preferences.

You can have threaded (which is default) so new replies may appear in the middle of a thread and not at the end - even when sorted in date order.

Or you can have it show as a list in which case date order will work, but you will lose the flow of the thread unless people "quote" the post they are replying to - that is like the old forum.

I like the threaded option, but must admit i am struggling to find the new replies.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jp1138
Expert

Sorry, but this new layout is totally opaque and looks nothing like any forum i know. It´s some mix of reddit and the graphisoft help pages, but way worse than any of then.

There´s a lot of screen wasted, it must be a lot more compact. Right now, it seems like I am looking my phone screen in a big monitor. In this post I can only read the first post without having to scroll down.

I just got to this post totally by chance, as, who would know it would be here???

Jp1138_0-1630569849639.png

Is it in the list of main forums??

Jp1138_1-1630569939937.png

I would say no, so, how can I find it without knowing I´m looking for it?? Yes, it´s up there on the top of the screen under get together, but I would have never looked for it there.

Where are all the subforums? Is all supposed to go through labels? It will be a mess very soon or the moderators will have to be labelling everything all the time, because users probably wont do it.

For all the talk about creating a community, I don´t know if the designers of the new forum have ever used one. Right now you can´t just easily browse it because you can see so few post per page that you don´t get a general picture of what´s going on. And the lack of a clear forum structure is also baffling. You click on design forum, for example, and there you get to what looks like a wordpress blog or something, but not like a forum. Why does it read in big letters "Forum Posts" instead of the name of the subforum, that´s upper in smaller letters?

I´m sorry for being so critical, but I can´t understand how I´m now remembering fondly the old Graphisoft forums, a technically substandard forum, because of the whole mess of this new layout. I completely hate the new design, I´m sorry to say 😫 😓

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

You can set the number of posts you see in a list before you get the NEXT page option.

Seems that is only for the number of topics you see in a forum (or board as they call it).

Not for the number of posts you see as replies to a topic it seems.

You just have to keep scrolling.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Scrolling is all we are going to be doing here, it seems 😅😅😅

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Yes please!!! My mouse wheel would apreciate it 😃

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Yes, a little clarity on labels would be good.

Post preview is on the top right of the textbox, @Lingwisyer (woo-hoo, we can tag people now)

Clipboarder.2021.09.02.png

= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |

@Barry Kelly Hope you found this? 😉

Yes, I see trouble ahead with long threads and unanswered nested posts. It does take away the trend/focus of any discussion, it's almost like having a formal meeting while the disinterested chat amongst themselves. Pro's & Con's to whichever format is chosen.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

It seems like this topic is not shown in the Hot topics section of the main page.Is it that way by design?

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

@DGSketcher - Yes the mention worked and I got a notification e-mail.

Still much to learn about this new community.

We must try to be patient while we learn what is new, where to go and how to do things.

Also it is still being tweaked by admin, so we have to have patience with that too.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

If you sort by 'Most Recent' it should be there (and you preferences are set for 'Newest to Oldest') - it is for me.

May not show with 'Most Viewed' or 'Most Commented' because some old posts may outrank it in those departments.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27